search....

Check in...................

February 11, 2019

THE LOST YORUBA BEAUTY

THE LOST YORUBA BEAUTY

Listening to the words of my grandma

Telling me stories of her childhood

The beauty of Yoruba Culture

The beauty of Yoruba Dressing

The Beauty of Yoruba Hairstyle

The Beauty of Yoruba Languages

The Beauty of Yoruba Folk tales

The Beauty of Yoruba Drums and Songs

Then I asked her, "Mama, where are all these beauties?"

And she answered, "we couldn't find them again, they got lost"

Then I asked "what replaced the beauties?"

The she answered with the

The Tragedy of Western Cultures

The Ugliness of Western Dressings

The Waywardness of Western Hairstyles

The Difficulty in Western Languages

The Less Comicality of Western Folk tales

*********

The Lost Yoruba Beauty

The Lost Yoruba Hairstyles (suku, adimole, Sade adu, orisa-bunmi, and so on)

The lost Yoruba Dressings (buba, agbada, kembe, iro, Ankara, etc.)

The lost Yoruba folk tales (Ijapa tiroko, Oko Yanibo and others)

The Lost Yoruba songs and Drums (gangan, Iya ilu, sekere, Apala and others)

How I wish we are promoting our culture just like the whites are promoting theirs

"Even if they don't, I Will"

*********

I dedicate this to all Promoters of the Yoruba Culture Worldwide

And I must say this

Am proud to be a YORUBA MAN

I remain

Jahismine O.

08088613663

No comments:

Recent.......

GUARD ME, O LORD FROM THE HAND OF THE WICKED!

GUARD ME, O LORD FROM THE HAND OF THE WICKED! At exactly 6:40 pm yeste rday, I was in bed when I received a call from Destiny, one of ...

Also Read......