I am Going to Fight
Her freedom came far back as 1960, when we gained our independence
Corruption gained freedom with us
We didn't noticed until we became free of our colonial masters
Now, it has chopped off 95% of the whole land
Everywhere, corruption has her children roaming about the street
Who will stand up to fight it?
Patriots once stood up, they fought and they died fighting
The sword they left behind is still sharp and smooth
I've found the sword, the sword is TRUTH and in its handle lies LOVE
The Love of the People drives them
The truth that Corruption was a destroyer made them fierce warriors against it
Who is going to stand up to fight corruption? No one because of Fear
But let me tell the world this
*********
I am going to fight
And i am going to keep fighting because it is easier now
And I am used to it
The rest of you are going to have a tougher choice
Because I am not going to sell it to you, Its too ugly for that
But when you are fighting in your own backyard
When you are fighting for your land
It all hurts a little less, and makes a little more sense
Because for corruption, this is just a place
But for me, this is my home
*******
"He who cares about the wooden door of the house, protects it from falling"
"The Cat that values the sweetness of the fish never allows the rat to lay hands on it"
"The citizen that values the sweetness of the Land would never allow corruption to lay her hands on it"
"He who cares about Nigeria should strive to make it corruption-free"
*********
I remain
Jahismine O.
08088613663
No comments:
Post a Comment